Do the following to perform a local update on your TCL Smart TV 3
This guide applies to Smart TV 3 OS. If your TCL TV is running Android TV OS, please read our articles for Android TV.
Before you start
Download the update for your TV. Unzip/extract the downloaded zip file. Then copy the .bin/img file you get to the root catalogue of an empty USB-drive formatted in FAT or FAT32. Click here to open the software download page.
Insert the USB-drive in the USB port on the back of the TV, and follow the instructions below.
- From the home screen, press "Settings" on the remote
- Scroll down in the menu and select "Support" with the remote
- Select "Software update" with the remote
- Select "By USB" with the remote
- The TV will start to validate the update file. When validation is completed select "Update" with the remote
If this does not happen, something might be wrong with the USB-drive or the update file.
Make sure you have the correct update file for your TV. Try another USB-drive
- The procedure takes 5 - 15 minutes to complete. The TV will restart during this process, do not unplug power
- When the update is completed you will see the Smart TV home screen
This help center is intended for Nordic customers (Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Iceland & Greenland). All our articles, guides and procedures are created to match products and software in the Nordic market. Features and procedures mentioned in this help center might be different for other products and/or software.
We cannot provide support for other countries and/or products.
If you are a non Nordic customer and/or have a model not being sold by any of the Nordic retailers and need support we kindly refer to your local TCL support. For more information about your TCL support go to www.tcl.com