Do the following to install software on your TCL TV by flashing with USB flash drive
Software intended for flashing TCL TVs are not available in our software downloads. If you need to flash new software on your TCL TV, please consult with us by submitting a request here in the help center.
Before you start
You need an empty USB flash drive, formatted in FAT or FAT32.
When flashing software to your TV the following is important to:
- Use the correct software intended for your TV model
- Follow the procedure carefully
- Do not unplug power to the TV during the software install. Doing this could cause the TV to malfunction
- If you can not successfully install the software, please contact us for further assistance
- Download the zip file containing the software for your TV to your computer
- Unzip/extract the software
- Copy the software file to the root catalogue of the USB flash drive
- Unplug the power cord to your TV
- Insert the USB flash drive into the USB port on the back of the TV
- Press and hold the power button on the TV, not the remote
- While holding the button on the TV, plugin the power cord of the TV again
- When the software install message appears on the TV, release the power button
- Do not unplug the power cord during the software install. When the initial setup screen appears on the TV the software install is completed
Watch a video of the process here
This help center is intended for Nordic customers (Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Iceland & Greenland). All our articles, guides and procedures are created to match products and software in the Nordic market. Features and procedures mentioned in this help center might be different for other products and/or software.
We cannot provide support for other countries and/or products.
If you are a non Nordic customer and/or have a model not being sold by any of the Nordic retailers and need support we kindly refer to your local TCL support. For more information about your TCL support go to www.tcl.com