Do the following to perform a factory reset on your TCL Android TV 9
This guide applies to Android TV 9. If your TCL TV is running Android TV 8, please use the guide for Android TV 8 by clicking here.
- From the Android TV home screen, select "settings" in the upper right corner with the remote.
- Select "Device preferences" with the remote.
- Scroll down and select "Reset" with the remote.
- Select "Factory data reset" with the remote.
- Select "Erase everything" with the remote.
- When prompted for the password, use the remote to input 1234.
- The TV will restart when the factory reset is completed, and you will see the initial setup screen.
Watch a video of the process here
This help center is intended for Nordic customers (Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Iceland & Greenland). All our articles, guides and procedures are created to match products and software in the Nordic market. Features and procedures mentioned in this help center might be different for other products and/or software.
We cannot provide support for other countries and/or products.
If you are a non Nordic customer and/or have a model not being sold by any of the Nordic retailers and need support we kindly refer to your local TCL support. For more information about your TCL support go to www.tcl.com